Music Trucks

No new rules for music trucks

There are no new pro­ce­dures for mu­sic trucks, be­ing used for Car­ni­val, to get ap­proval from the Li­cens­ing Au­thor­i­ty, ac­cord­ing to Trans­port Com­mis­sion­er Bas­deo Go­sine.

In a tele­phone in­ter­view with Guardian Me­dia on Thurs­day, Go­sine said: “Over the years, we have a long es­tab­lished pro­ce­dure to deal with that is­sue and that pro­ce­dure has not changed since I as­sumed of­fice.”

Ac­cord­ing to Sec­tion 49 of the Mo­tor Ve­hi­cles and Road Traf­fic Act:

Need vehicular access to restricted areas during Carnival? Here's how

The Police Service has given notice that persons wishing to enter the areas restricted to vehicular traffic in Port of Spain on Carnival Monday and Tuesday must apply for the relevant permit(s) from the Assistant Commissioner of Police ‘Mobile/Operations’ Traffic and Highway Patrol Branch, Garden Road, Aranguez South, no later than Monday 25th February, 2019.

Applicants seeking permits must submit copies of the following documents:

Silence your music trucks by hospital, NCC advises

The National Carnival Commission (NCC) is seeking to remind the public that on Carnival Monday and Tuesday (February 27 and 28), all Carnival band music trucks either assembling or passing in front of the General Hospital, Charlotte Street, POS must turn their music off in this area.

It says this restriction is necessary to facilitate the hospital’s day-to-day operations.

The NCC is also advising that a compliance unit of the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS) will be stationed at that location to ensure that all music trucks are compliant with this restriction.