Officers from the Belmont Fire Station have been fighting a blaze at an abandoned building at Augustine Lane Belmont Wednesday morning.
Investigators believe the fire started just after 10 am and that it might have been deliberately set.
Firefighters have been able to contain the blaze from spreading to nearby homes.
Belmont police are continuing inquiries.
Fire officers responded to a fire earlier today at the Port-of-Spain General Hospital.
According to reports, around 2.40pm smoke was seen emanating from the pantry of the Physiotherapy Clinic of the hospital and the fire service was contacted.
CEO of the North West Regional Health Authority (NWRHA), Wendy Ali who was at the scene told Guardian Media that those who were in the vicinity of the pantry was evacuated and no one sustained any injuries.
Nine people have been left homeless as fire gutted a two-bedroom house in Mon Repos, San Fernando Wednesday afternoon.
Police suspect arson as the cause of the fire.
Eyewitnesses say a man was seen running away from the scene soon after the fire started.
No one was at home at the time.
This is a developing story and we will have further updates.
A fire has broken out at the famous Notre-Dame cathedral in Paris and has spread rapidly across the building.
The cause was not immediately clear, but officials say that it could be linked to renovation work.
Images on social media show plumes of smoke billowing into the air above the 850-year-old Gothic building.
Last year, the Catholic Church in France launched an urgent appeal for funds to save the cathedral, which was starting to crumble.
A major operation is under way to tackle the blaze, which broke out on Monday afternoon.
No one was injured in the Sunday evening fire at the Scarborough fire Station at Bacolet, Scarborough.
According to Divisional Fire Officer, David Joseph- Thomas, preliminary information indicates that the male dormitory, with an estimated worth of over $.5 million, was destroyed in the fire,
He said the fire was discovered by an off-duty fire officer at 7 pm.
Yet another family from Cedros has lost their home to a fire, bringing to four the number of families left homeless in fires over the past year.
With seven massive fires recorded in the peninsula since the start of the new year, residents say they will have no other choice but to mobilize a team to petition the government to put a fire appliance at the Cedros Security Complex.
Workers have been evacuated from NP's Sea Lots facility.
A Guardian Media team is at the site this morning and has been told that a fire broke out at a company located behind NP.
Fire tenders are on the scene and we understand the fire had been contained
However, NP officials have evacuated the facility and health and safety officers are assessing the building to determine whether staff will be allowed to reenter.
In the space of 30 minutes, Kedisha Castillo and her family’s lives were turned upside down after a fire gutted their home in La Brea on Tuesday.
With nothing but the clothes on their backs, the family of four was trying their best to find a place to rest their heads for the night until they could figure out their next move.
It was the second fire for the week that has left a family homeless and third in less than a month.
A Gasparillo family is now living in fear after three arsonists attempted to fire-bomb their home last Saturday.
Around 2.30 am, the 43-year-old woman (whose identity has been withheld) was asleep with her family when they were awoken by her neighbour's voice shouting “Fire! Fire! Look all yuh house on fire. Look it have a man in the yard there.”
She and her family sprang from their beds and saw one of the wooden doors to the side of their home ablaze.
Fire officers of the Belmont Fire Station were called out to respond to a fire at the Port-of-Spain Hospital late Friday evening.
Reports indicate tat the fire started with a generator near the X-Ray Department of the hospital and spread to a building on the compound.
Persons warded close to the fire, including Ward 3 and the Radiology department, were evacuated.
Heath Minister Terrance Deyalsingh told Guardian Media around 7.45 pm, that the fire had been extinguished.
There were no reports of casualties.